The Masca Canyon
In the heart of Teno Rural Park, meander through high rock walls from the hamlet of Masca along its ravine to the ocean.
Masca Gorge is unique, not only because of its spectacular landscape, but also because of its fragility and exclusivity of the species of flora and fauna it is home to. The visit to it carries some risks, which are related to its characteristics as natural space (detachments, irregular and slippery pavement, adverse weather conditions, etc.) and other risks associated with hiking (falls, bumps, fatigue, etc.)
With the triple purpose of improving the quality of your experience in the ravine, ensuring your safety and preserving the heritage values of the environment, a system to regulate visits has been put in place.
- Price: 30 €
- Children under 16: 15 €
- Meeting place and time: Masca Square 10:00 am
- Include: Guide and insurance.
- Distance: 10 km.
- Duration and difficulty: About 6,5 h (Descent and ascent path) . Very High ***
- You must bring: ID card or Passaport, mountain footwear with good pattern on the sole and hiking clothing, hiking sticks, water (2 l) and picnic. In case of not wearing suitable footwear, the Visitor Center staff will not allow access to the canyon and the amount paid will not be refunded (sports shoes are NOT accepted).
- In the small town of Masca there are very few parking spaces. For this reason, we recommend accessing by public transport. We recommend you visit this website Getting here where you can see information about how to get to Masca..
- ONCE YOU MAKE THE PURCHASE, THIS IS PENDING APPROVAL WITHIN A MAXIMUM PERIOD OF 72 H. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CANNOT CONFIRM YOUR EFFECTIVE RESERVATION UNTIL WE HAVE ISSUED THE ACCESS PERMITS MANAGED BY THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE “CAMINO BARRANCO MASCA”. IN CASE WE CANNOT CONFIRM YOUR RESERVATION, WE WILL OFFER YOU AN ALTERNATIVE DATE OR PROCEED TO A REFUND OF THE AMOUNT PAID.
- In the event that the canyon staff consider that you do not comply with any of the conditions or rules or you do not have the necessary equipment and documents, the trail staff will deny you access to the trail. Reservation fee refunds will be subject to the specific reasons why you were denied entry.
- Rules and conditions: the courtesy waiting time is 10 minutes. After the courtesy time, we start the route and the amount is not returned.
- During the descent of the path, if the guide considers that a user has some kind of difficulty in completing the entire path, he may order them, for safety reasons, to return to the starting point. In this case, the guide will make sure that the user’s physical conditions are sufficient to guarantee the return and that they have water and food. This measure will also be coordinated by informing the control personnel of the ravine that is located at various points on the trail.
- The approximate estimated time to carry out the activity is 6.5 hours for the profile of clients to which it is directed: people with experience in hiking and in good physical condition. If someone takes much longer and misses public transport back to the point of origin, they will have to bear the cost of the private transport service (taxi).
- In the event that the closure of the ravine is decreed for reasons beyond our control (adverse weather conditions or other reasons), an alternative excursion will be made in the Teno Rural Park and the amount paid will not be refunded.
- Prices from 5 people (adults). In the case of not reaching the registered minimum, we will notify you at least one day in advance. In that case you can choose another date, another activity, request a refund or carry out the activity assuming its minimum cost (€ 150).